Saturday, December 3, 2011

Long Journey Home

I won! I did it! I wrote 50k in words in less than 30 days. Not only that people, I found an ending for once in my life.

I know, you are all wondering what in the world I am speaking about. NANO, National Writing Month in November. I have participated many years, not always finished and never wrote an ending to any of my stories. Not so this year, I did it!

Now before you ask to read it or for my autograph (*blushing*), I will have to tell you this story was somewhat a personal journey.

Confused? I bet. :) This story was one of forgiveness. It was a journey. While I will admit this novel is not one of my best stories it is close to my heart. I will edit it, I will print it out one day. I am thankful for this process, for this long journey home to forgive some people in my life.

I give all credit to my Maker who led me through this process, who held me in his heart as I walked this long journey and was able to make peace. It was a long time coming and very emotional time for me. It was also a drawing closer to God and a very spiritual walk for me. I learned to discern the voice of God and truly listen.

I can close a book or two of my past and greet my future with far less baggage. My steps are lighter, my heart sings praises and my passion for writing has returned.

Thank you Lord! We did it!

Blessings,

Teresa Gale

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a month well spent. I've very proud of you my friend.

    ReplyDelete