Monday, December 5, 2011

Joyful Trimmings


On a recent trip home during Thanksgiving, I got the honor and humor of watching my parents during holiday trimmings. Trimmings in more than the bird and dinner preperations. My mom's loving hands snipped my dad's hair as I snapped away on my camera. Mom has been cutting dad's hair for as long as I can remember. I watched them both joke and chat during the process. My dad's eyes close in the pleasure of mom's skillful hair cutting.

Dad reminds me here a bit of old Santa getting trimmed before his long trip to distribute gifts around the world. His eyes close in rest and enjoyment of the moment.

This photo is on my screen saver right now, reminding me to remember to find joy in simple things. Things such as the touch of a human hand, the joy in love surrounding me, the love of both my parents and the love of God who allows these moments.

I am so blessed to have these two wonderful and loving people in my life. There I find great joy.

Blessings,

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment