Friday, November 11, 2011

Write Time

I have been spending the last eleven days in the trenches of writing. It has sure been awhile since I challenged myself to tell a story. Although this story is not my best, it has been a very liberating writing. I am on this incredible journey with my writing right now, unearthing things I had long wanted to release.

I pray that God leads me to deeper truths and that after this challenge is over, a new journey will begin. So while I have been exhausted from work, writing and all that it entails, I am also excited about how good it feels.

Life is short, too short to waste time not enjoying those things you love. Life is meant to be lived, to love and to experience so much more. Life is about letting go and allowing God to work in your life. In my life I have held on to things far too long. I have held on to stuff that has held me back. God is leading me to a new place and a new awareness of life.

This early morning, I struggled to wake and write. I made the coffee and took the dogs out to find snow on the ground. Not much, but snow. At first I groaned about it, but the crisp air entered my lungs and woke me up to an awareness of the beauty in this white stuff. It is a new day, a new season and I am alive.

Take time today to enjoy life. Take a moment and think of something you truly love and then go do it. May this day be filled with the rich blessings in life. Go out and play in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment