Friday, December 4, 2009

Blessings


So often I am busy grumbling about this or that. I complain a lot, something I need to pray about. Today, I thought why not count a blessing a day through December. I am sure I could fill many months with a blessing a day.

I truly am blessed and so thankful for all God's blessings. In an attempt to see the rainbow and not the clouds in life, I plan to post my Blessings here often.

December 1 Blessing: I am thankful I am a child of God.
If I were not a child of God, covered by His Son's blood, my life would have no purpose. But God has adopted me into his family and I belong to him. What a blessing!

December 2 Blessing: I am Forgiven.
God sent His only Son to die for my sins. I believe in Jesus and what His blood did for me. I know I am not perfect, but I am forgiven. Praise God.

December 3 Blessing: I am thankful for my parents.
I am truly blessed with an earthly Father I adore and I have had the blessing of two mother's in my life. One has passed away, but God blessed me dearly with my other mom who is truly a friend and an inspiration to me. Thank you Lord for my parents.

December 4 Blessing: I am truly blessed with my Husband.
God sent me a wonderful man who is true, lovinging and a good provider. He is my best friend. I feel comfortable with him and know he is there for me. What a true blessing to have him in my life.

I have counted only four blessings for each day of December so far. I am so blessed to have so many more to count. What are you blessed with? I find blessings in even the smallest things, like walking my two dogs this morning in crisp, cold air today and watching how they took such joy in the walk made me take joy also.

Try it out. Think of all your blessings and write them down where you can see them. When you have a bad or grumpy day, take them out and look at all God has blessed you with. I am sure it will lift you up.

God Bless.

Teresa Gale

No comments:

Post a Comment