Monday, September 14, 2009




Faded Photo



I stare at the faded photograph trying to memorize every feature in your smile,
remembering the way you walked, talked and laughed.

Your eyes seem to speak to me, sending me messages, secrets between the two of us,telling me you have stories, many left untold.

I compare you to your siblings in the photo; see the love evident and sure.

Your beauty still dazzles me, I marvel at the way you shine, like a movie star,
holding yourself tall, prepared as always to act for the camera and your audience.

You faded much too quickly, your star shooting through the sky, falling away and quickly leaving us who adored you wishing for more.

I miss you momma and search each night for the stars that hold your smile.

Teresa Gale
September 14, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment